in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Centre Location: Website | Map
Foreign Students to note: Teaching is available only in English, Hindi and Kannada at the centre
Dhamma Paphulla, meaning ‘Cheerfulness of Dhamma’, is about 30 km from the major city of Bengaluru on a 10-acre land. Located in a very tranquil area, with farmland on one side and forestland on another side, the centre is on a gently sloping piece of land in rustic surroundings, enjoys moderate climate year round and is easily accessible by city buses. The centre has a main meditation hall that can accommodate about 100 meditators and two mini halls that can seat 30 meditators each.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
Bengaluru Vipassana Meditation Centre - Dhamma Paphulla
Alur (Near Panchayat Office) Dasanapura Hobli
(23 Km from Bangalore City Railway Station)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), North Taluk 562123
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +91 9972588377, +91 6361570725, +91 9900955930, +91 9845074448, (call timings : "9:30AM to 2.30PM" & "3:30PM to 5:30PM" IST) Sunday Holiday.
Please apply for courses here - schedule.vridhamma.org
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://paphulla.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.