in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English / Hebrew
Dhamma Pamoda, which means “The Joy of Dhamma”, is located on a 42-dunam property, in a beautiful area close to the Sea of Galilee and the Jordan River. Surrounding it are plantations of date palms and a nature reserve. It is a quiet and pastoral area around two hours from central Israel. The construction of the center was completed in June 2014, and it can comfortably host 85 students and servers.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
Israel Vipassana Trust
P.O. Box 75
Email: [email protected]
Dhamma Pamoda Vipassana Center is currently closed. An update will be posted on this page as soon as it reopens.
Check your spam folder! so you don't miss important information regarding your registration.
Registration for courses begins at 6pm on the opening registration date.
As a privacy measure, the online application form encrypts the information you provide us with before it is sent from your computer to our application server.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://pamoda.dhamma.org/en/old-students. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.