in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Non-Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English / Slovenian
Courses in Slovenia are organised by the Vipassana Foundation, registered with the name 'Fundacija Vipassana, ustanova za meditacijo'; a foundation of general interest and an educational, charitable and non-profit organisation. It was founded with the approval of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport on 2 March 2017 (registration number: 4096436000). The foundation developed from an informal association called 'Vipassana Slovenia', that had organised activities since 2006.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
Address: Fundacija Vipassana, Mrzlava vas 24A, 8262 Krška vas, Slovenia
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +386 70 704 214
Ten Day & Other Courses
If the current circumstances allow, the courses will be held as planned.
Applications are accepted from 21:00 in the Summer and 20;00 in the winter on the day courses are open for registration. The actual opening time could be a few minutes after the indicated time.
Concerning the courses already opened, the participants will be regularly informed of
course conditions. In particular, for the moment:
- Courses and other activities are now held with a smaller number of participants, observing strict safety and hygiene protocols.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, e.a COVID-19 measures and travel restrictions, scheduled courses and/or confirmed participation may be cancelled at any time.
- Only students who can travel to Slovenia as established by the authorities are allowed.
- If in 14 days before the course you have developed symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with people infected by Covid-19, please cancel your application.
- You must have an emergency contact person who can pick you up on the same day in the event that you show any symptoms of coronavirus, even if you expect to be able to drive yourself.
- All participants must keep the 1.5 meters safety distance everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Please bring masks for the entire course.
Thank you for your understanding.
- The actual opening time could be a few minutes after the indicated time.
- If you view the schedule page and the course is not yet open, you will not be able to see the "Apply" link. Therefore, you must close the web page and reopen it (refresh the system), in order to see the "Apply" link.
- Fill out the application to participate in the course in the most detailed way possible.
- Please register with the exact name you have in your passport or national ID (DNI/NIE).
- The system reserves the place from the moment one starts to fill out the application for a period of 30 minutes, and the countdown starts again with each page in the application form. This gives more than enough time to fill in all the necessary information without any hurry.
- Please add [email protected] to your list of allowed mail otherwise the confirmation letter may end up in your spam folder.
- Please apply ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE PART IN THE COURSE. Last minute cancellations prevent us from using the maximum capacity of the site by not leaving us enough time to process new applications.
APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED FROM 21:00 IN THE SUMMER AND 20:00 IN THE WINTER ON THE DAY COURSES ARE OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
Note: The 'apply' link will not be visible until then. Also the actual opening time may be a few minutes or even up to an hour after the pubilshed opening time. This is due to the automated nature of the system. You will need to refresh this page to see the 'apply' link as this page does not auto-refresh.
|Attend / Serve||Dates||Course Type||Status||Location||Comments|
For old students
|Applications accepted starting 28 Nov||Ljubljana||
For old students
As a privacy measure, the online application form encrypts the information you provide us with before it is sent from your device to our application server. Only those who are not able to submit their application online can email the request to [email protected]. The application will be sent to you in PDF form. After completing the form , please send it back to [email protected]. Printed and emailed applications will be accepted only if they are received in 48 hrs once registration started
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://si.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.