in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Non-Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English / Slovenian
Courses in Slovenia are organised by the Vipassana Foundation, registered with the name 'Fundacija Vipassana, ustanova za meditacijo'; a foundation of general interest and an educational, charitable and non-profit organisation. It was founded with the approval of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport on 2 March 2017 (registration number: 4096436000). The foundation developed from an informal association called 'Vipassana Slovenia', that had organised activities since 2006.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
Address: Fundacija Vipassana, Mrzlava vas 24A, 8262 Krška vas, Slovenia
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +386 70 704 214
Regarding the 10-day courses listed below, applicants will be kept informed about the conditions to be able to attend these courses. For now:
• Only applicants from the region who are allowed to travel following the latest Slovenian COVID-19 guidelines and regulations are allowed to attend.
• You should not come to the course site if in the previous 14 days you have had symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with COVID-19 patients.
• You must keep the safety distance of 1.5 meters everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
• You must bring masks for the entire course and hand sanitizer (min 60% alcohol).
• Please apply only if you are sure you will be able to take part in the course. Last minute cancellations prevent us from using the maximum capacity of the course site by not leaving us enough time to process new applications.
Thank you for your understanding.
APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED FROM 21:00 ON THE DAY COURSES ARE OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!
Note: The 'apply' link will not be visible until then. Also the actual opening time may be a few minutes or even up to an hour after 21:00. This is due to the automated nature of the system. You will need to refresh this page to see the 'apply' link as this page does not auto-refresh.
|Attend / Serve||Dates||Course Type||Status||Location||Comments|
|Applications accepted starting 13 Nov||Ljubljana||
New Course!!For old students
The online application form encrypts your information before it is sent from your computer to our application server. However, it may not be totally secure even though encryption is used. If you are concerned about the possibility of security risks of your confidential information while it is on the Internet, do not use this form and instead download an application. Print and complete it. Then please send the form to the course organizers. By faxing or posting your application form it may delay the registration process by one to two weeks.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://si.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.