in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Non-Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English / Portuguese
Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art of Living. To those who are not familiar with Vipassana Meditation we recommend visiting the International Vipassana website for an introduction. Additionally you may be interested in our answers to commonly asked questions.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
|All Brazil Courses||Minas Gerais||Parana||Planalto Central (Brasilia)||Dhamma Santi |
(Rio de Janeiro)
|Dhamma Sarana |
As a part of our Coronavirus screening process, all applications will be initially waitlisted.
Before applying, please ensure you meet the following criteria:
- Foreign students will be accepted as long as they comply with the quarantine regulations in Brazil before arriving at the course location and also strictly comply with other sanitary protocols and regulations in force in the country.
- Any type of transport is allowed, as long as you comply with current sanitary protocols in order to strictly limit possible exposure to the disease. The use of private or shared transport will be prioritized.
- You have a sure way to leave the Centre if you become sick during the course and go back home safely.
- You agree to adhere to the safety protocols while at the Centre.
- In the 14 days leading up to the course, you agree to cancel your application if:
- You have tested positive for covid-19.
- You have been asked to quarantine.
- You have experienced symptoms related to covid-19.
- Will not be accepted students who days before the course have symptoms of COVID or who have been in contact with someone with symptoms or who has tested positive for COVID.
Students of 10-Day courses and Satipatthana Sutta courses (excluding servers): A student may only apply to SIT ONE COURSE at a time regardless of the center location in Latin America, course dates or waiting list status. Additional applications will not be processed.
Students of 10-Day courses (non servers): priority granted to new students and old students who haven’t sat recently.
Opening inscriptions schedule: on the stipulated date, approximately at 5 a.m. local time.
Always check your SPAM folder or you could miss important e-mails.
See Comments for any special instructions for events in this section.
|Attend / Serve||Dates||Course Type||Status||Location||Comments|
|10 Jul - 21 Jul||10-Day||Applications accepted starting 01 Jun||Itacaré, Bahia||Female students only|
|24 Jul - 04 Aug||10-Day||Applications accepted starting 14 Jun||Itacaré, Bahia||Female students only|
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://www.nordeste.br.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.