in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Non-Centre Location: Website | Map
Gypsy courses are organised in 2 locations as follows:
- SNMV College of Arts & Science - Malumichampatty - Only in the month of May,
- Jothiyagam - a missionary center near Raval Matriculation School, Malumichampatty in Coimbatore - Pollachi road
Both these locations are about 15kms from Coimbatore Main Railway station. Accomodations are provided in the Boys and Girls Hostel Rooms for Male & Female sadhaks respectively at SNMV College and Jyothyagam has fairly decent rooms for sadhaks stay . Separate Dhamma Halls are arranged for Male and Female students at SNMV College. A peaceful and silent ambience with a soothing greenary is available at these places . These locations are also blessed with a comparatively a pleasant weather during most part of the year.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
Shri Jaishaker Ji - 9712727123
Bharat Shah - 9842347244
Gavaskar - 9976032223
Email - [email protected]
The online application form encrypts your information before it is sent from your computer to our application server. However, it may not be totally secure even though encryption is used. If you are concerned about the possibility of security risks of your confidential information while it is on the Internet, do not use this form and instead download an application. Print and complete it. Then please send the form to the course organizers. By faxing or posting your application form it may delay the registration process by one to two weeks.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://coimbatore.in.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.