in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Non-Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English / Russian
Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art of Living. To those who are not familiar with Vipassana Meditation we recommend visiting the International Vipassana website for an introduction. Additionally you may be interested in our answers to commonly asked questions.
- Prior to applying read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Fill out all the sections of application form and submit it.
- Await notification which may take up to 2 weeks. All correspondence will be through email if you provide an email address in your application. Please check your spam folder in case our email has been considered as spam.
- If your application is accepted we will ask you to reconfirm a month before the course in order to secure your place.
- Questions regarding registration may be addressed to [email protected]
See Comments for any special instructions for events in this section.
|Attend / Serve||Dates||Course Type||Status||Location||Comments|
|01 Sep - 12 Sep||10-Day||Completed||Minsk||Women servers needed|
|12 Sep - 23 Sep||10-Day||Completed||Minsk||Registration will open on July 14 at 7:00 am Moscow time.|
|Apply*||23 Sep - 04 Oct||10-Day||In Progress||Minsk||Servers needed|
The online application form encrypts your information before it is sent from your computer to our application server. However, it may not be totally secure even though encryption is used. If you are concerned about the possibility of security risks of your confidential information while it is on the Internet, do not use this form and instead download an application. Print and complete it. Then please send the form to the course organizers. By faxing or posting your application form it may delay the registration process by one to two weeks.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://by.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.