in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Center Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English
Dhamma Sukha, which means Happiness of Dhamma, is an upcoming Vipassana center near Houston, that will cater primarily to the San Antonio, Austin, and Houston areas. CTVA purchased 32-acre land along with a 2000 Square feet state of the art mobile home in 2018 in the rural part of Central Texas. The scenic and secluded "Dhamma Sukha" is completely covered in old-growth pines, hardwood trees and underbrush. It lies at the end of a road with no traffic and so makes it a perfectly serene and quiet place for meditation. It is centrally and conveniently located, about 1.5 hours from Houston and Austin and 2.5 hours from San Antonio.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
Current Covid-19 Protocols for Children's/Teen's Courses:
CTVA COVID 19 guidelines/recommendations are as follows:
1) Testing Protocols:
Everyone coming will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen / Rapid self-test taken the day before of arrival at the Center / course site.
- Acceptable to self-test anytime in the 24-hour window before arrival at the Center. But strong recommendation is to do it on the same day of arrival.
- Please upload a picture of this test to your enrollment confirmation link found in your acceptance email. Students may bring the electronic copy of the results with them and show at the registration desk.
- Negative test results are required before entering center facilities / Course Site. Avoid coming to the center if your results do not come in time or if the results are positive. Instead, contact [email protected] for assistance.
2) Mask Protocols:
- Students are recommended to wear masks in all public spaces, in addition to always maintaining social distancing.
- Students are recommended to bring KN95, KF94, N95 or surgical masks only. No cloth masks allowed.
Please upload the negative results of this test to your enrollment’s unique link found in your confirmation email.
See Comments for any special instructions for events in this section.
|Attend / Serve||Dates||Course Type||Status||Location||Comments|
|Apply||Aug 06||Children/Teen||Girls - Closed Boys - Open Female Server - Closed Male Server - Open||Austin||
Boys (Only) Age Group 11 yrs-17 Yrs
Address: 1105 East Applegate Dr., Austin, TX 78753
|Apply||Aug 13||Children/Teen||Girls - Closed Boys - Open Female Server - Closed Male Server - Open||sukha||Boys (only) - Age Group : 11yrs - 17yrs|
The online application form encrypts your information before it is sent from your computer to our application server. However, it may not be totally secure even though encryption is used. If you are concerned about the possibility of security risks of your confidential information while it is on the Internet, do not use this form and instead download an application. Print and complete it. Then please send the form to the course organizers. By faxing or posting your application form it may delay the registration process by one to two weeks.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click https://sukha.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.