in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English
Dhamma Maṇḍapa, meaning ‘Pavilion of Dhamma’, is located near Mandalay University, in the compound of a monastery. As it is in the city, the Centre serves as a convenient venue for group sittings on Sundays and on public holidays. A total of 62 ten-day courses have been held as of April 2005 since the Centre was established in April 1999. Satipaµµh±na and children’s courses are also held.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
Dhamma Mandapa Vipassana Centre
Between 36th and 37th Street , 63th*64th
Mahar Aung Mye Tsp, Mandalay, Myanmar
Tel:  (02) 2848146, 9778219866
Teenagers' Vipassana courses are for 17-20 years old. (All teenagers' Vipassana 7-day courses begin on the evening of the first day and end on the early morning of the last day.)
1-day Adult Vipassana Short courses may begin at 8:00 a.m and end at 5:00 p.m.
3-day Adult Vipassana Short courses begin on the evening of the first day and end on the evening of the last day.
See Comments for any special instructions for events in this section.
Dhamma Mandapa Vipassana Center, in BanMaw Monastery Compound, near University of Mandalay, 73rd Street between 38th and 39th Streets Block, Mahã Aung Mye Township, Mandalay, Upper Myanmar.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://www.mandapa.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.