in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Non-Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): Czech / English
Vipassana courses in Czech republic have been organized since 2006, so far once or twice in a year. Up-to-date information can be found below.
Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art of Living. For those who are not familiar with Vipassana Meditation, an Introduction to Vipassana by Mr. Goenka, related videos and Questions & Answers about Vipassana are available.
How to Apply to Attend or Serve a Course
An application is required to register for all courses.
- To apply for a course click on the button "Apply" on the left side next to the date of your desired course.
- Please read carefully the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course and click on the button "Next step".
- Fully and completely answer step by step all questions in the application form and submit it by clicking"Confirm".
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted, in order to secure your place on the course, you will be sent a notice approximately three weeks before the start date to confirm your interest to attend the course.
Any questions regarding your application can be mailed to email@example.com.
Alternatively, send a text message, or leave a voice mail on the tel. number 0042 608 748 321. We'll get back to you within four days.
Vipassana in Czech Republic
General information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: Tel: 00420 608 748 321;
See Comments for any special instructions for events in this section.
|Attend / Serve||Dates||Course Type||Status||Location||Comments|
|24 Jun - 05 Jul||10-Day||Applications accepted starting 24 Apr||Čeladná|
The online application form encrypts your information before it is sent from your computer to our application server. However, it may not be totally secure even though encryption is used. If you are concerned about the possibility of security risks of your confidential information while it is on the Internet, do not use this form and instead download an application. Print and complete it. Then please send the form to the course organizers. By faxing or posting your application form it may delay the registration process by one to two weeks.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://www.cz.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: email@example.com
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.