in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Non-Centre Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English / Russian
Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art of Living. To those who are not familiar with Vipassana Meditation we recommend visiting the International Vipassana website for an introduction. Additionally you may be interested in our answers to commonly asked questions.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. Please write your name as appears in your passport.
- Await notification. You will get an e-mail notification about your application being accepted for the course or getting a place in the waiting list in two weeks time. If you don't receive a letter from us, please check your "Junk mail" (spam) folder.
- If your application is accepted, in order to secure your place in the course, you will need to reconfirm your intention to participate. You will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to do that.
To apply for a course in Russian, please select the language from the dropdown menu "Languages" above.
Чтобы подать заявку об участии в курсе на русском, пожалуйста, выберите язык из меню "Languages" наверху.
Please write your name as appears in your passport.
Applications will be accepted from 19:00 Riga time on the day courses open for Registration.
See Comments for any special instructions for events in this section.
|Attend / Serve||Dates||Course Type||Status||Location||Comments|
|Apply*||04 Jul - 15 Jul||10-Day||New Women - Wait List Old Women - Filling Up Men - Filling Up Servers - Open||Vainode||servers needed|
|Apply*||17 Jul - 28 Jul||10-Day||New Women - Long Wait List Old Women - Short Wait List Men - Open Servers - Open||Vainode||servers needed|
The online application form encrypts your information before it is sent from your computer to our application server. However, it may not be totally secure even though encryption is used. If you are concerned about the possibility of security risks of your confidential information while it is on the Internet, do not use this form and instead download an application. Print and complete it. Then please send the form to the course organizers. By faxing or posting your application form it may delay the registration process by one to two weeks.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://www.lv.dhamma.org/index.php?id=2002&L=0. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: [email protected]
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.