in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
Non-Center Location: Website | Map
** Unless noted otherwise, course instructions are given in the following language(s): English
Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka was introduced to Colorado by his students in 1982. The first course was held at a retreat center in Cedaredge, Colorado. The Cedaredge courses have continued every summer, up to the present. Additional courses have been conducted in Colorado's Front Range, northern New Mexico and Utah. From that time until the present, the development of the practice of Vipassana has grown greatly in the Rocky Mountain area and continues to do so.
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
Address: Rocky Mountains Vipassana Association POB 17882 Boulder, CO 80308-0882 For Registration: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (888) 213-8183
See Comments for any special instructions for events in this section.
|Attend / Serve||Dates||Course Type||Status||Location||Comments|
|Mar 30 - Apr 10||10-Day||Completed||Elbert, CO|
|Aug 24 - Sep 04||10-Day||Completed||Elbert, CO|
The online application form encrypts your information before it is sent from your computer to our application server. However, it may not be totally secure even though encryption is used. If you are concerned about the possibility of security risks of your confidential information while it is on the Internet, do not use this form and instead download an application. Print and complete it. Then please send the form to the course organizers. By faxing or posting your application form it may delay the registration process by one to two weeks.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://www.rockies.us.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: email@example.com
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.