in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
- Access the application form by clicking Apply for the desired course. Old students will be given the option to serve.
- Please carefully read the Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline which you will be asked to follow during your course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of application form and submit it. An application is required to register for all courses.
- Await notification. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to two weeks before receiving notification.
- If your application is accepted then we require you to confirm you will be attending in order to secure your place in the course.
Address: Idaho Vipassana Assocation PO Box 5952 Ketchum, ID 83340 Email: email@example.com Phone: (208)622-1552
|Attend / Serve||Dates||Course Type||Status||Location||Comments|
|Apply||Jan 10||1-Day||Women - Open Men - Open Servers - Closed||Boise, ID||
New Course!!For old students
Held at the Boise Vipassana Hall
|Apply||Jan 17||1-Day||Women - Open Men - Open Servers - Closed||Copperton, Utah||
New Course!!For old students
Held in Copperton, Utah, approximaltey 30 minute drive from Salt Lake City
|May 27 - Jun 07||10-Day||Applications accepted starting Jan 28||Camp Sawtooth, near Sun Valley, ID|
|Sep 14 - Sep 25||10-Day||Applications accepted starting May 15||Camp Sawtooth, near Sun Valley, ID|
The online application form encrypts your information before it is sent from your computer to our application server. However, it may not be totally secure even though encryption is used. If you are concerned about the possibility of security risks of your confidential information while it is on the Internet, do not use this form and instead download an application. Print and complete it. Then please send the form to the course organizers. By faxing or posting your application form it may delay the registration process by one to two weeks.
To access the Old Student Regional Site please click http://www.id.us.dhamma.org/os. A user name and password will be required to access these pages.
Questions may be addressed to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All courses are run solely on a donation basis. All expenses are met by donations from those who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the same opportunity. Neither the Teacher nor the assistant teachers receive remuneration; they and those who serve the courses volunteer their time. Thus Vipassana is offered free from commercialisation.
Old students are those who have completed a 10-day Vipassana Meditation course with S.N. Goenka or his Assistant Teachers. Old students have the opportunity to provide Dhamma Service at the courses listed.
Meditation courses are held at both center and non-center locations. Meditation centers are dedicated facilities where courses are held regularly throughout the year. Before meditation centers were established in this tradition, all courses were held at temporary sites, such as campgrounds, religious retreat centers, churches and the like. Today, in regions where centers have not yet been established by local students of Vipassana who live in the area, 10 Day meditation courses are held at non-center course sites.
10-day Courses are an introductory course to Vipassana Meditation where the technique is taught step-by-step each day. The courses begin after a 2 - 4 pm registration period and orientation, followed by 10 full days of meditation, and end the morning of the 11th day by 7:30 am.